Drive-In & Drive-Thru Pallet Rack
Drive-In Pallet Rack
- Operators drive into the racking system from one side and remove pallets from the same entry point. Product is rotated in a Last-In, First-Out (LIFO) inventory manner due to the single entry/exit point.
- Available for 2-deep to over 10-deep pallet positions.
- Drive-In racking is extremely efficient storage. Pallets are stored back-to-back (aisles are eliminated) for exceptionally dense storage.
- Gain up to 60% in total useable storage area over standard (selective) rack configurations.
- Drive-In systems are excellent for product that is not time/date sensitive, or for fast-moving pallets that are rotated frequently.
- Accessories include reinforced entries, floor guides, recessed leg frames, and heavy-duty bracing.
Drive-Thru Pallet Rack
- Unlike Drive-In, Drive-Thru systems have separate entry/exit points.
- Product is rotated in a FIFO method – more suitable for pallets that are date-sensitive. The first pallet loaded on the rail system will be the first pallet removed from the opposite end of the system.
- Unlike Drive-In, Drive-Thru will always require an additional aisle which eliminates some pallet locations and creates less dense storage.
- The advantage of a Drive-Thru system is the efficient manner of separating loading and picking aisles. Because stock is rotated automatically, pickers do not have to handle pallets more than once and are always assured of picking the first pallet placed in the system.
Both Drive-in/Drive-thru racking provide extremely dense pallet storage at affordable costs. They are available in either structural or roll-formed products.
Contact us to discuss your application.